Please follow the guidelines below and contact us with any questions.
WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT?
- The tooth and its surrounding gum tissue may be somewhat tender for several days following treatment.
- A general soreness and tenderness to biting is a normal part of the healing process.
- Do not be surprised if you cannot use this tooth for chewing for a few days.
WHAT WILL HELP MY TOOTH?
- We recommend taking 3 tablets (600 mg) of Ibuprofen following treatment as needed every 6-8 hours.
- A combination of Ibuprofen and Tylenol are effective:
2 tablets (400 mg) of Ibuprofen and 1 Extra Strength Tylenol (500 mg).
Take as needed every 6-8 hours.
- If you are unable to take Ibuprofen, you may take Tylenol instead, 2 tablets (325 mg) and no more than 3 dosages a day.
- You may rinse the area with warm salt water for relief.
- Until the tenderness is gone, you should avoid chewing on that side of your mouth.
- You may still brush your teeth as usual in the area.
In the unlikely event where the pain becomes severe or swelling develops, please call our office promptly at 760-944-0048.